BASS ELITE ANGLER
Skylar Hamilton is a first year competitor on the Bassmaster Elite Series and competed in this year's Bassmaster Classic. Fishing from a young age, Hamilton has already had great success in his career. He secured his spot on the 2017 Bassmaster Elite Series after a strong 3rd place standing in the Angler of the Year for the Central Opens in 2016.
Skylar Hamilton teamed with Popticals earlier this year after being intrigued by the unique design and mention of lenses manufactured by Carl Zeiss Vision. After his first time fishing with a pair of Popticals, he knew they were his new go-to sunglasses. “These are the absolute best sight fishing sunglasses I’ve seen,” said Hamilton. The NyDef nylon lenses offered an level of clarity far better than polycarbonate but much lighter than a glass lens. After fishing at his first Bassmaster Classic earlier this year, he had this to say about how Popticals landed him one of the biggest bass in the tournament.
“That nine pounder was near a dock. How many times can you see a fish two to three feet under the water, underneath a boat dock? It’s not very often. But I could with my Popticals. It was so shallow for so long, it looked like a carp. As soon as I saw those fins—I could make out every little detail of the fins on that fish—I knew it was a bass.”
On the water, Hamilton is a fierce competitor. He likes to be prepared for any conditions that may arise, including changes in weather and light conditions. Having both his brown and mirror blue lens Popstar sunglasses with him to easily switch between is one more reason we’re seeing him making moves on the Elite tour.
“Popticals are the only sunglasses I can safely store in my pocket while I’m fishing. When conditions change on the water, I can switch between my pairs just as fast.”
- CAREER EARNINGS: $122,161
- CAREER TOURNAMENT WINS: 1
- CAREER TOP 10 FINISHES: 2
- TOTAL EVENTS FISHED: 37
- CLASSIC APPEARANCES:1
- YEARS AS BASS ELITE PRO:1
- HOME LAKE: Douglas Lake, TN
- FAVORITE LAKE: Cherokee Lake TN - "Only because a cold front has always came thru at tournament time."
- LEAST FAVORITE LAKE: Tenn-Tom Waterway - "Maybe it was the time of the year we were there, but I just didn't like it."
- FAVORITE TECHNIQUE Skipping Docks.
- PRIMARY FISHING STRENGTH: Casting….not being afraid to get the lure into tight spots where fish could be.
- SECONDARY FISHING STRENGTH: Focus……catching one fish at a time and not getting too spun out.
- BIGGEST WEAKNESS: Adjusting to sudden changes in fish.